Child Custody & Visitation in Columbus
Representation from Experienced Columbus Family Lawyers
When children are involved in family law case (such as a divorce), it is important that you work with a Columbus attorney that is capable of protecting the interests of their clients. Emotions can get in the way and make it hard to determine what is really best for the children. We advocate for your family and seek the best possible resolution.
With more than seven decades of combined experience,
we're ready to help you navigate your custody or visitation matter.
Contact us today to request a consultation at Plymale & Dingus.
Pursuing Solutions For Your Family
Our main focus is on the children and we want to ensure that the final resolution is what is best for them. Often times that is shared parenting, but in other cases the best option is for one parent to have full custody. We'll review your case and work with you to determine the best option to pursue.
You need to be informed about child custody laws, such as the following:
- Shared custody is often chosen by the court with both parents sharing rights.
- If you and your spouse cannot agree on custody, the court will decide.
- The court is focused on the best interests of the child.
- A parenting plan will need to be developed and shown to the court.
- A judge will look at a number of factors to determine what's best for the child.
- Even in shared parenting cases child custody is sometimes awarded.
- Although difficult, it is possible for grandparents to also seek rights.
- Details on parenting time guidelines can vary depending on the county.
- It is possible to seek a modification to child custody rulings.
We know how stressful child custody cases can be and having our professional guidance throughout the process can be one of the best decisions you make for your case. We partner closely with our clients in these matters and ensure that their goals and concerns for their family are clearly voiced before the court.
Don't wait to start pursuing the solutions and peace of mind your family deserves. Call our offices at (614) 418-6460 now.